From the end of the 17th century up to 1837 A.D Poonch was ruled by different Muslim Rajas of Loran. It then fell in to the hands of Raja Falz Talab Khan of Rajori. In 1846, this area was handed over to Maharaja Ghulab Singh under the Treaty of Amritsar. Before this transfer, Poonch was considered a district of Lahore. Maharaja Ghulab Singh handed over Poonch and some other areas to his nephews, Jawahar Singh and Moti Singh, with the condition that they would not make any administrative change without the consent of the Maharaja of Kashmir.
Poonch was annexed and converted Into Jagir by Maharaja Han Singh in 1935-36 by the deposing Raja of Poonch the Dogras always found it difficult to establish their rule in Poonch. In 1947 when Pakistan came into being, the people of Poonch started an armed struggle against the Dogra and Indian forces and got the area liberated which now administratively stands divided into three districts namely Poonch Sudhnutti and Bagh
Visiting Places in Ponch
Kot Muttay Khan
Ghori Maar &anp; Tolipir
Hot springs (Tatta Pani)